Google AdSense has become one of the best ways to earn money. You can monetize your traffic on-site in a very effective way. You put ads on the website and you get money when you get good traffic. This seems simple but there are several things to inspect before adding the account to Google AdSense. If you are planning to monetize your account, get more information about AdSense. It connects you to the advertisers. You as a publisher connect your site to an ad network. It allows the advertisers to bid for ad display on the website. Whenever a visitor clicks on the ad, you will get paid.
Few Merits and Demerits of using Google Adsense
- Google Adsense is free. The user can create a Google Adsense account and then add his website/ YouTube Channel.
- The eligibility for monetizing is very basic. Once you add the website; you can monetize your latest blogs also.
- You will get paid monthly if your Adsense account meets the $100 threshold.
- If you have multiple websites; you don’t need a different Adsense account. You can add your accounts with one Adsense.
- The ads will appear depending on settings. You can design how the ads will look on the blog. Set the number of ads per blog.
- You can also set the Ads to display for mobile devices
- Google can block or terminate your Adsense account anytime. A small mistake can block the ads.
- You will get paid for the clicks on the ads. You have to increase your traffic for more clicks.
- If you are also using Affiliate Products marketing then you can lose potential customers. Clicking on Google Ad will redirect the visitor to another website. The visitor will leave the site and you won’t get good money with Affiliate marketing.
- Other ad programs are offering better payment than AdSense.
How to Apply for a Google AdSense account and what are the requirements?
Applying for Adsense is simple but Google is very strict about the ad network. To maintain the site quality and ad integrity, there are a few requirements for creating Google Account,
- The publisher must be at least 18 years old.
- You need an active Gmail account that is not linked with any other Adsense account.
- A website that fulfills all of Google’s terms.
- Once you apply for the Adsense, it takes 24 to 48 hours for approval. But sometimes the Adsense account may take about 2 weeks to get approved. If the account is not approved, you can check Google’s terms of service and then reapply for approval.
Types of Adsense Ads
When you get the approval email, you can start running the ads and generate money. Adsense offers five types of ad units. You can use the different ad units accordingly on your account.
These ads are responsive and can easily fit on every screen size. Display ads work well on every device. These are adaptive ads and easily resize with the screen. You can also configure these ads with fixed sizes and these ads are compatible with AMP.
These ads appear in the feed, list, or sidebar. In-Feed ads have a natural flow and offer a good user experience.
Matched Content Ads
These ads recommend your site content to the users. Using matched content ads helps in increasing page views and ad clicks.
These ads are in-text link format. You can create responsive as well as fixed-size link ads.
Creating an Ad Unit
Ad unit can be defined as the ad space inside the web page for displaying the ads. For displaying those ads, you have to create the ad unit and then you need to add the code. Creating the ad unit is simple; you can add lots of ad units on the site. The code for adding ad units depends on the website platform. Few platforms offer built-in functionality for supporting the ads. It makes the job much easier. In WordPress, you can use the plugins, weights, and sitewide settings for displaying the ads.
Things to do after creating Ad Unit
Once you create the ad units, you will see ads on your website. But only creating the unit won’t get you money. In the early days, getting clicks on a new site was difficult. But when your website starts performing well, you will see a good rise on AdSense. Things to remember after creating the Ad Unit:
- Always remember the Google Service policies. Never click on the ads on your site. Some people click on ads multiple times to increase the number of clicks. Google easily inspects it and will block ads on your website.
- Create ad units in highly viewable places so the visitor can easily find them.
- Always publish quality content with good SEO to increase page views. More website traffic means a good possibility of clicks.
- Don’t add lots of ad units otherwise the webpage will look spammy and visitors can’t read the blog with ease. You must have a balance where the visitor can easily read the blog and can check the ads also.
- Always try small changes and check impact on traffic and website.
Sometimes people add the ad unit in such a way that people can’t read the webpage easily. You should check for ad placement, ad format, ad size, and the number of ads per page. Check whether your auto-ads are On or Off. Auto ads are one the best methods to increase ad revenue. All the work is done by Google itself like ad unit creation, finding the best place for ad implementation. But sometimes using auto-ads may reduce the number of visitors on the site.
Prevent Invalid Traffic
Invalid traffic can block your Adsense account temporarily or permanently. Always inspect the traffic on your site. Get good organic traffic on the website and prevent invalid clicks on the ads. When your website finds good organic traffic, you will also get good revenue on Google Adsense.
Leave a Reply